Most iPhone 11 Buyers Get the More Expensive Versions
While for many people out there a smartphone that costs more than $1,000 is just too much, more and more Apple customers think that paying more on an iPhone is simply worth it.
And top Apple analyst Ming-Chi Kuo of TF International Securities says this is exactly what is happening with the iPhone 11, as demand for the more expensive versions has surpassed the one for cheaper siblings.
Specifically, Kuo says that iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max account for 55 percent of the pre-orders made since Friday when Apple officially kicked off the program. iPhone 11, which starts at $699, takes the other 45 percent of pre-orders.
iPhone 11 Pro starts at $999, while the cheapest iPhone 11 Pro Max costs $1,049. The top-of-the-range Max configuration is available for $1,449 in the United States.
iPhone 11 demand strong in China